Spring is around the corner but for many of us there is still a nip in the air. Warm up with this easy Slow Cooker Thai Soup chock full of veggies, protein and healthy fats.
SLOW COOKER COCONUT THAI SOUP
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised (cut off bottom, peel the outer layer and smash the stalk with the back of a knife)
- Fresh lime juice, to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Zucchini noodles (if you don’t have a spiralizer, use a vegetable peeler to create ribbons)
Combine coconut milk, curry paste, chicken broth, chicken, mushrooms and lemongrass in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours. Remove lemongrass and discard. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove the lemongrass and discard. Also remove the chicken and cut into small pieces or shred and then add back into the slow cooker. If using zucchini noodles, add them at this time. Before serving, add in lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into serving bowls and top each bowl with a bit of cilantro.